Sunday, October 22, 2006

Happy Anniversary, Honey

Today is Oct 22, 2006. Jane and I were married eighteen years ago today. I remember how it rained really hard that day, and everyone said that was good luck. We decided to get married at the restaurant where the reception was being held. I remember telling the Justice of the Peace that I wanted a "short and sweet" ceremony, because all Jane and I wanted was to be married and we didn't need all the pomp and circumstance. I remember the Judge saying, "Now Wayne and Jane I will ask you a series of questions the correct answer to which will be, 'I will.' Wayne do you take this woman Jane to be your lawfully wedded wife from this day forward 'til death do you part?" "I will," I said. "Jane do you take this man Wayne to be your lawfully wedded husband from this day forward 'til death do you part?" Jane said, "I will." "By the power vested in me by the State of New York, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride." I remember our friend Phil coming out of the bar with a drink in each hand saying, "I missed it???" Ah, what a day.

Thank you, Honey. I love you always and forever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary,
Wayne & Jane!

So sweet...*sniff*
-Zooey